How to Apply
Thank you for your interest in Tyndall AFB Homes! We look forward to welcoming you to your new home and want to make sure the application and leasing process is as convenient and efficient as possible. Tyndall AFB Homes serves as the on-base housing community for active duty Air Force families assigned to Tyndall Air Force Base.
You can get your application for Tyndall AFB Homes started in a variety of ways:
Active Duty Military Applicants
We work together with our Air Force Housing Partner at the installation to seamlessly manage your application and leasing process. As part of the process you will need to provide the following information:
- Housing Application
- Current military ID
- Copy of orders (AF Form 899)
- DEERS 1172
- LES Statement
After you receive the required housing application, it needs to be completed and submitted to the Air Force Military Housing Office (MHO) along with all requested documents. Please note that applications must be submitted within 30 days of arrival. Once your application is reviewed by the MHO, you will be referred back to our team to start the process of assigning a home. One of our leasing specialists will review your housing eligibility based on your rank and family size, and schedule a walk-through tour. You can also visit the Neighborhoods page to learn a little more about our home styles. Upon arrival at Tyndall AFB, you will check in with the community management team to provide a copy of your current LES Statement and review next steps.
Your eligibility date for housing is determined according to the following criteria:
- If you are PCSing and are within the 30 day window, your eligibility date is the day you left your previous station (as verified by clearing papers).
- If you are PCSing and do not apply within the 30-day window, your eligibility date is the date of your application.
- If you are coming from an unaccompanied tour (e.g. Korea), your eligibility date is the date you departed your previous duty station for the unaccompanied tour, with a maximum credit of 14 months.
- If this is your first duty station and you are married, your eligibility date is your date of entry into the military. If you were married after the date of entry, your eligibility date is the date of the marriage.
With homes steadily being readied for residents, there is currently a waitlist to move to the Tyndall AFB Homes community. Eligibility dates for placement on waitlist and bedroom qualifications are determined per AFI 32-6000.
If you have any questions regarding this process, please contact our community management office at 850-286-1700 or [email protected].